Hey everyone! It’s been a few days since I’ve blogged. What have I been up to? Last week, I welcomed my good friend home. She’s been living in Los Angeles since 2008. We dined at a quaint restaurant and talked for a couple hours. We didn’t get to hang out much. She was only here for a few days.
Earlier this month, I had a sinus infection. I didn’t feel like blogging or even getting out of bed. I hate sinus infections. I try my hardest not to use the word “hate”, but I really don’t like them. I haven’t been sick in a while. But things happen. The sinus infection came the day after I attended a wedding. I had to walk in heavy rain with temperatures dropping from 70 to 50 degrees. I was out of commission for two days. But I feel better now.
Today, I attended my first Zumba class. My best friend and relatives tried to convince me that Zumba is fun, but I wasn’t feeling the idea. I haven’t worked out since last year. I was riding bikes, running and walking three days a week, working out at the gym, and trying (keyword “trying”) to eat healthy. As soon as fall came, I ceased all activities. I gained seven pounds since last summer, which isn’t a bad thing. My best friend said I should gain more weight. Negative… Lol!
My cousin said her Zumba class plays all kinds of music including reggae and even Betty Wright! I can just imagine the dance moves for “Tonight is the Night”. So I went along with my sister. I got to twirl, body roll, and shimmy for an hour. I deserve a pouch or two of Gushers. I wasn’t always on beat. I have this need to snap my fingers whenever I hear music. I couldn’t stop snapping! I had a hard time mimicking some of the dance moves. I was confused and lost at times, so I did my own thing on a few dances. Reeeeemix!
Here I am above—in my bow legged stance. It kind of hurts to walk up and down stairs. But I’ll be okay. Hopefully I’ll have a good night’s rest. I need it.
These past few weeks haven’t been the greatest, but family and friends have given me the best medicine… Laughter. Just a few minutes ago, I started thinking about funny and silly videos. I don’t take any of them seriously. It’s just… Entertainment?
1. Lil B’s video for “Need My Love” is hilarious! I remember when the video came out. I recorded a verse or two on my cell phone. I would randomly send the sound clip to my cousin and sister. Lol! Man, I play too much. The dance move at the 1:36 mark makes me giggle. Okay, okay!
2. Speaking of Lil B… Remember the cooking dance? Well, I do. I think Heron Preston did it better. Too bad I couldn’t locate the video. Are you a master chef? Lol!
3. I just discovered this video today on Huffington Post. If you and I are cool, I send links such as this one via email or text. Check out “The Dancing Queen” on the bus stop grooving. I wish I knew the song she was dancing to. Somehow, I don’t think ABBA was blasting through her headphones. ABBA and body rolling doesn’t go together. Or does it?
4. The Wedding Singer was my go-to movie. I watched this film over and over. It is still funny. Maybe I’ll watch it tomorrow. The 1:19 mark of this clip is hilarious! Who can forget this line: “They’ll be divorced in a year.” Pure comedy!
5. Last but not least, Danny McBride in Pineapple Express is so funny! The British Knight’s line makes me laugh every time I watch it. He was pretty hilarious in Eastbound and Down. I saw a couple of episodes while visiting someone. The show has been canceled, right? I don’t have HBO any way.
I can always count on laughter. It truly is the best medicine.